CIP3 became CIP4…
Typically the content of a CIP3 PPF file might include:…
The CIP3 plug-in for the Harlequin RIP
The Harlequin CIP3 (Co-operation in Pre-Press, Press and Post-Press) Output Plugin permits users to create Print Production Format (PPF) files containing comprehensive information about print jobs, including administrative data, information about inks, and preview images.
The PPF file is read by a CIP3 reader (included with press control systems), which provides a set of instructions for automatically setting ink fountains and other processes on press.
The Harlequin CIP3, PPF Plugin optimizes computer-based integration of all workflow processes and quite simply saves the press operator time, minimizes errors and reduces waste.
The Global Graphics CIP3 Print Production Format Plugin contains all the necessary data to print and then further process print jobs all the way through to the print finishing stage. Use of these files on your press assists in bringing you to color much faster, reduces make-ready times and wastage, and removes the need for plate scanners.
The CIP3 group has specified the Print Production Format (PPF) with an intention to encourage and facilitate computer-based integration of all processes involved in graphic arts workflows. The PPF file format specification developed by the original CIP3 (now CIP4) consortium, may contain any or all of the following items relating to the front and/or back of fully imposed press sheets:
- Inking data for the press, allowing automatic setting of ink fountains on press.*
- Plate size and mounting position in relation to the press. *
- Separations required for the job. *
- Positions and colors of color test strips, allowing automatic setting of closed loop adjustments on press.
- Positions of registration marks, allowing automatic setting of registration test meters on press.
- Positions of fold and cut marks, allowing at least preliminary setup of post-press operations to be handled automatically.
* Included in Harlequin CIP3 Plugin PPF file
Harlequin CIP3 Plugin Software Specifications
|CIP3 Plugin Version||Latest version: 1.4r9|
|RIP Version||Harlequin RIP Eclipse Release™ or later|
|CIP3 Specification Supported||
|Encoding||Binary (raw), Hexadecimal, and ASCII 85|
|Press-Sheet Work Styles||
|Other User Controls||
|Supported CIP3 readers||
There are other readers compatible with Harlequin-generated CIP3 PPF files. This list shows only those readers that have been tested either by Global Graphics or by the vendor (where the vendor has informed us of a positive result).